One of our favorite family recipes in the fall is this slow cooker pumpkin oatmeal recipe. Nothing tastes better to me on a cool morning than a warm breakfast. With a young family that can be tricky. What I love is that you can prepare the night before so that it’s ready for you first thing when you get up. This recipe also works well in an InstantPot.
Favorite Family Recipes • Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe
A delicious slow cooker pumpkin-pie oatmeal recipe.
- slow cooker
- 6 cup liquid of choice milk, rice-milk, water
- 1 can Pumpkin Pie Filling Small Can
- 1 1/2 cups Steel Cut Oats
- Spray slow cooker with oil spray.
- Put everything in a 3-6-quart slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low overnight.
- Stir well before serving.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.
You can also substitute pumpkin for a can of blueberry or cherry pie filling. Yummy!
Originally published in 2011 and updated for 2022.