St. Patrick’s day has quickly become one of our family’s favorite holidays in our house. Not only is it fun for the kids, it’s fun for the parents. Even the teachers at school have been having fun with it. Our boys have fun creating Leprechaun traps prior to St. Patrick’s Day. We all love getting up to see the mischief that happened overnight and unfortunately we have not caught one yet.
Fun Leprechaun Mischief:
Here is some mischief that has happened at our or some of our friends’ houses.
- Create one or many Leprechaun Traps before St. Patrick’s Day
- Create a St. Patrick’s Day Gingerbread house for your Leprechauns
- Green Water in the Toilets
- Green Milk
- Dining Room Chairs Turned Upside Down
- Lucky Charms cereal on the table for breakfast with green milk
- Packets of rainbow twizzlers
- Green streamers on the bedroom doors when they wake up
- Fill the bedroom with green balloons
- A treasure map and hunt for “gold” dollar coins
- Rainbow Fruit Kabobs
- Trail of Lucky Charms to Leprechaun Trap
- Little footprints with glitter
Please share your family’s favorite traditions!
St. Patrick’s Day Pinterest Fun
Here are some of our favorite St. Patrick’s Day Pinterest Ideas. Follow us on Pinterest for great ideas on creating family traditions for your children and grandchildren. Follow Sharelooms’ board St. Patrick’s Day on Pinterest.
Our Favorite Leprechaun Trap
Our boys made this leprechaun trap a couple of years ago and love it! It has lasted us for three years. We first saw it on Family Fun (now spoonful). Thanks Disney!
Repurposed Gingerbread Houses
We had a couple of extra Gingerbread houses left over from Christmas so we repurposed them as Leprechaun houses. My boys had a lot of fun decorating them with rainbow twizzlers and “gold” chocolate coins. I like them even more than Gingerbread houses at Christmas.
Share Your Stories
Sharelooms is dedicated to helping families preserve and share their stories for generations to come. Sharelooms Family History Services, Custom Photo and Video Services create high quality keepsakes for your family.